Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My First Post

Hello!
  
My name is Elder Matt Lee and I currently am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Montana Billings Mission. I made the choice to be a missionary to devote my time and give my heart to the Lord. I have decided to do this because He has given so much to me. I also made the choice to become a member of this great church. Through prayer and study I have come to know, without doubt, that this church is true.

Me in the foliage at Boulder River in Boulder, MT
 One thing that I hold very close to me is my family. I absolutley love my family! I am from a town very close to Portland, Oregon called Camas in the great state of Washington. I come from a family of 8. I am the baby of the family. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters. My brothers have served missions, too. Scott served in Guatemala and Brett served in Arizona. All of my siblings except for Brett are married (he better not get himself hitched while I'm on my mission - I wanna be there!). My parents are: Dave and DeAnn Lee. My siblings are: Alicia and Blaine Carter, Scott and Megan Lee, Laurel and Jason Richardson, Michelle and Brad Walker, and Brett Lee.

As a missionary I have the privilege to preach the Gospel to those who are ready to hear it. I am now living and serving in Poplar, Montana on the Ft. Peck Indian Reservation and I absolutely love it! I have been here for about 4 months. I also have served in East Helena, Montana and was there for about 4 months.

On my mission I have learned a few things. Most importantly I have come closer to Jesus Christ. I know that He is my older brother, my best friend, and my Savior. I know that He is the Redeemer of the world and that He will help anyone and everyone. After all He did say, "come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will receive you" (3 Nephi 12:24).

I also have learned that Montana sunsets are the bomb dot com, that Montana's sky really is bigger (it's a phenomena that has yet to be revealed), and that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel and is saved for this generation.

Amazing sunset in Poplar, MT







Please contact me if you have any questions or if I can do anything to help out. Love ya!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Matt. I will definitely be following your blog, and I want to publicly make it known that I was the first Lee to follow your blog, and that I you musn't worry about missing out on any potential future marriage... you will definitely be there.

Trav.... said...

your the best Matt! keep it up. see you soon. Until then we love to hear your missionary experiences and testimony's.
Miss you Much.
THE WHITINGS
Travis & Lauren

Elder Matt Lee said...

Thanks a ton! Keep on following me on here and tell your friends about it!

Scott and Megan said...

I don't know how I didn't hear about this until now...my bad! You are so right, the best thing is the gospel of Jesus Christ and Family. It's everything. NOTHING else matters in the world! I am so, so glad to be included in your family list! I love you Matty and miss you so much! i love your testimony and find a lot of strength in it, personally. Thank you for your example! I heart MY Matty!

VWE Stk Relief Society said...

Hi Elder Lee. Love your blog and facebook. You are doing a great job with your use of technology in missionary work. I had a quick question. When I saw that you were in Poplar Montana, I imediately thought about a girl our family hosted for two years back in the 70's when LDS families hosted Lamanite students. We had a girl Named Jana Cloak. We've lost track of her. She was a Lacotta Souix Indian and lived in Poplar at the time. I'm just curious if you ever ran across someone by that name and general description. She probably has a different last name now though. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your missionary service. We are looking forward to Steven's return in a tad over a month now. Yay! Take care, Sister Bunker

Elder Matt Lee said...

Sister Bunker that is so exciting that Steven is coming home so quickly. He's a great missionary for sure and he will do really well for himself when he goes home. You mentioned a lady named Jana Cloke. I met and taught a man named Ray Cloke who went on the Indian Placement program. I think that it's highly possible that that is his sister. I have been transferred to Dillon, MT but I will ask the missionaries who currently are in Poplar about her. Have a great day!